Thursday, July 23, 2009

07-09 Bath Houses

Today I went into Bath to see an optometrist to order replacement glasses. I’ve been needing to do this since we left Columbia where I had my annual eye check-up. My Doctor there does not take the new insurance now provided to AT&T retirees. The Doctor’s office in Bath is in the house below on the right. It is just a mile or so from the campground.

We have been admiring all the lovely old homes in the area so I took a few quick photos to show you what they look like.

I love these bright colors.

This is a dentist’s office:

This house is near the campground entrance:

Speaking of being in Bath, that reminds me of a couple of my recent senior moments. Traveling like we do, I sometimes forget what town we are in – especially in the first few days after we arrive. So one day we are in our favorite local restaurant, Chat-a-Whyle, where I see some ads for local businesses. One was called Bath Rugs. I thought, boy that is a niche market. Then I remembered the name of the town. The bad thing is I had already done something similar a day or so earlier when I saw a sign for Bath Plumbing. What about kitchens and the rest of the house? Oh yeah, we are in Bath, NY. Duh!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoy our home in "Bath"....a friend of ours did a search and found your blog with a picture of our house (the one next to the eye doctors with the bright colors) The pictures you have posted are very nice! Enjoy your travels......

    ReplyDelete